Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of goods by you (the buyer or you/your). We are Clothing for Events Ltd (the supplier, or us/we/our) a company registered in England and Wales under the registration number 5062301 whose registered office address is The Clockhouse, Station Approach, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1NT
Our contact details our as follows; email address email@example.com and our telephone number is 01753 662999.
- These are the Terms in which we sell all goods to you. By ordering any goods from us, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly out of his/her trade, business, craft or profession.
- Contact means the legally – binding agreement between you and us for the sale and purchase or goods.
- Delivery address means the suppliers address or other location where the goods are to be supplied as set out in the order.
- Goods means any goods that we supply you, this will be as per the quantity and description set out in the order.
- Order means the buyers order for the goods from the supplier as agreed.
- Price is the price for the Goods, excluding VAT and any carriage, packaging and insurance costs.
- The description of the goods is as set out on our website and in our catalogues, brochures and as per visual confirmation and correspondence. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in colour and size.
- In the case of the goods being made as a bespoke make and to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide us accurate.
- If we our not the manufacturer of the Goods supplied, we cannot give guarantees as to the washing stability, colour fastness, durability or making up quality of Goods. The buyer is responsible for verifying the suitability and quality of the Goods prior to use.
- The buyer shall carry out a thorough inspection of the Goods within 48 hours of delivery and shall give written notification to us the supplier within 5 working days of delivery of the Goods of any defects which a reasonable examination would have revealed.
- Where the buyer has accepted, or has been deemed to have accepted, the Goods the buyer shall not be entitled to reject Goods which are not in accordance with the Contract.
Basis of Sale
- The description of our goods on our website, and in our catalogues / brochures or other forms of advertisement does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the goods.
- When an order has been made, we can cancel it for any reason. We will always try to tell you the reason and inform you of this cancellation without delay.
- A contract will be formed for the goods ordered once confirmation of the order has been approved by the buyer.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 7 days from the date it is submitted. We can withdraw or amend this at an earlier time, but this must be expressed to the buyer in writing.
- No variation of the contract, whether this is description of the goods, price or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered and the order approved unless the variation is agreed by the buyer and the supplier in writing.
- We intend that these terms and conditions apply only by the contract entered by you as a buyer, where we as the supplier and you as the buyer, enter the contract via approval and confirmation of the order.
Price and Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the price quoted excludes VAT and any carriage/shipping, packaging and insurance costs.
- VAT will be applicable at the current rate at the time of order.
- Payment must be made in lines with the payment terms set. Unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing by us, payment for the Goods is due to us within 30 days of the invoice date.
- The supplier endeavours to despatch the Goods on an agreed delivery date if this is requested by the buyer but does not guarantee to do so. If no dates are specified, delivery shall be within a reasonable time.
- Delivery of the Goods shall be made to the buyer address detailed on the order. The buyer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods on the day notified by the supplier for delivery.
- Subject to the other provisions of these conditions the supplier shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods (even if caused by the suppliers negligence), nor shall any delay entitle the buyer to terminate or rescind the Contract unless such delay exceeds 180 days.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods by separate instalments (backorder) if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason. Subject to the above you would not be charged for additional delivery costs on these back orders. Each separate instalment shall be invoiced and paid for in accordance with the provisions of the Contract.
- No liability for alleged shortages of delivery of Goods will be accepted by the supplier unless claims are notified in writing to us within 7 days of delivery.
- Any liability of the supplier for shortages arising out of condition 22. shall be limited to replacing or supplying missing Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for the Goods.
- If you or a nominee fail to take delivery of the goods to the delivery address stated on the order, through no fault of ours, we may charge the cost associated with storing and/or redelivering of these goods.
- The goods will become the buyer’s responsibility from completion of delivery or upon the buyer’s collection of goods.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of the goods will pass to the buyer when goods are delivered.
- You do not own the goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or if an event towards your bankruptcy, we can choose by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right of use and request returns of any goods that have not been paid for. You must return these or allow us to collect them.
- For returns, please read our return policy. A copy of this can also be found on our website www.clothingforevents.co.uk
Cancellation / Withdrawal
- Any orders placed and approved by the buyer shall be treated as a firm commitment and cancellation of the order will not be accepted unless agreed in writing by the supplier.
- The supplier will make all reasonable efforts to fulfil its obligations under such orders but shall not be liable for any cancellation or suspension of such orders caused by events beyond the control of the supplier.
- If a cancellation is accepted by the supplier, the supplier may have to reasonably charge the buyer for any costs incurred. This may include restocking, design, delivery and admin costs which will be confirmed in the correspondence to the buyer of the cancellation request.
- We have a legal duty to supply the goods in conformity with the contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery the good will be:
- Of satisfactory quality
- Reasonably fit for the particular purpose the buyer has purchased the goods for, this will only apply if the purpose is specified to the supplier during communication and detailed in the confirmation of order.
- Conform to their description as per the supplier’s order.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In event of failure by either party due to something beyond reasonable control:
- The party will inform the other party as soon as reasonably practical; and
- The party’s obligations will be suspended so far as reasonable, provided that the party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which could not avoided. This will not affect the buyer’s rights relating to delivery.